SICS Education Meeting 2018
12th & 13th November 2018, Edinburgh International Conference Centre
Open to trainees, consultants, associate specialists, allied health professionals, nursing and students with an interest in Intensive Care Medicine.
Covering a broad range of topics including:
- Point of care ultrasound in the critically ill
- DAS critical care intubation guidelines
- Management of the critically ill obese patient
- Recovery following Intensive Care
- Peri-operative medicine for the high risk surgical population and it's influence on critical care services
- Music in the ICU
- HIV in the critically unwell
- Radiology for trauma
- Antibiotic resistance
- SIGSAG update
- Sleep hygiene
- Women in ICU
- Review of the year's key papers
- Pro/Con debate - ICU should be a solo specialty
+ more and there will be trainee case presentations and medical student poster and break out sessions.
The 28th SICS Annual Scientific Meeting, January 2019
The 28th Scottish Intensive Care Society ASM is taking place on the 24th and 25th January 2019 at the Fairmont Hotel in St Andrews. A tremendous educational programme of international speakers has been lined up for you including Prof Derek Angus, Prof John Fraser, Prof Stephen Brett, Prof Bronagh Blackwood, Mark Byers and covering topics such as sepsis, ALI, ventilation, icu survivorship, chemical terrorism, new infectious diseases outbreaks and critical care, improving family decisions, weaning and much more.
To book your place, early bird registration closes friday 7th December!
Abstract submission is now open! Closing date 5pm Friday 5th October 2018.
The 27th SICS Annual Scientific Meeting, January 2018
The 27th Scottish Intensive Care Society ASM took place on the 25th & 26th of January at the Fairmont Hotel in St Andrews. Was a cracking few days with informative and challenging talks from all our speakers, thank you! The lively social programme was a hit yet again. Thank you to everyone who attended and made it such a fantastic few days, photos to follow shortly!
The SICS Principles of Intensive Care Training (PICT) Courses
This one-day simulation-based course, which is suitable for FY2, Year 1/2 ACCS and CT 1/2 trainees in acute specialties, ACCPs and experienced ICU or HDU nurses, is designed to help you to recognise, assess and manage acutely ill adults who require critical care.
Topics covered in the course include:
- Assessment and initial management of the critically ill adult
- Emergency airway management
- Respiratory failure and mechanical ventilation
- Shock, invasive monitoring and circulatory support
- Acute brain injury
- Severe sepsis and septic shock
- Clinical human factors
- Team working and communication
- Clinical decision making
- Critical events in the ventilated patient
The course is held in the Scottish Clinical Simulation Centre in Forth Valley Royal Hospital.
For more information and to book see https://scschf.org/courses/