There are 10 pages on this module which take 15 min to read. The associated questions at the end should take 5 min and should be attempted only after the module is completed.
The links are provided to make navigation through the module easier. They contain essential information that form a part of this module.
Remember to click all the links and enable pop-ups in your web browser.
By the end of this module you should be able to:
- Understand the pathophysiological mechanisms of respiratory failure
- Recognise the symptoms and signs of respiratory failure
- List the common and uncommon causes of respiratory failure
- Safely prescribe oxygen in respiratory failure
- Perform basic emergency management of patients in respiratory failure
- Identify patients who might benefit from non invasive or invasive ventilatory support